MusE Sequencer forum

Full Version: Compiling MusE with Steinberg VST SDK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Trying to compile Muse with the original VST SDK by Steinberg, i get an error.
Searching in the depth of the internet will nor really help.

When executing make, near by the end comes the following:

Code:
/usr/src/muse-2.2.1/muse/vst_native.cpp: In function ‘VstIntPtr MusECore::vstNativeHostCallback(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstIntPtr, void*, float)’:
/usr/src/muse-2.2.1/muse/vst_native.cpp:215:18: error: ‘audioMasterGetSpeakerArrangement’ was not declared in this scope
            case audioMasterGetSpeakerArrangement:
                 ^
/usr/src/muse-2.2.1/muse/vst_native.cpp:219:18: error: ‘audioMasterPinConnected’ was not declared in this scope
            case audioMasterPinConnected:
                 ^
/usr/src/muse-2.2.1/muse/vst_native.cpp:229:18: error: ‘audioMasterWantMidi’ was not declared in this scope
            case audioMasterWantMidi:
                ^

and so on with a lot of audioMaster*-vars

any hint?

Thanks in advance : bes
Hello bestonne,

Not sure what is going on here, haven't seen that type of error, sure you are pointing the VST_NATIVE_PATH to the right place?

Now when I tried I do have problems to compile 2.2.1 with vstsdk, but different errors, it does work with the git version though (getting ready for release), do you think you could try with that one?
I did have to edit the aeffect.h file to disable VST2.4 support (if you have an sdk with that) but I added info for that in the git repo in README.vstsdk.

In other news, using the git version of MusE, I'm not sure there is any reason to use the vstsdk as chunk support has been implemented for vestige also.

Regards,
Robert