Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LV2 GTK2 ui support is not available
Hello There:

I am new to muse, and it's been a while since I've compiled code.  

I am trying to run muse 2.2.1 on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Jesse as an OS, and I was able to get muse to compile with only a few warnings. I installed it without too much trouble, but when I run it I get this error:

LV2 GTK2 ui support is not available

and then the GUI crashes.  I've found one reference on the mailing list, about recompiling lv2Gtk2Helper, which I did try with an error "make: Nothing to be done for 'all'."  I am not sure how to fix it, and hopefully someone here might be able to give me a clue.  Thanks!

jg
(03-25-2016, 02:46 AM)jgiles10014 Wrote: and then the GUI crashes.  I've found one reference on the mailing list, about recompiling lv2Gtk2Helper, which I did try with an error "make: Nothing to be done for 'all'."  I am not sure how to fix it, and hopefully someone here might be able to give me a clue.  Thanks!

jg

Hi jg,

Indeed you need to recompile the helper .so files. They are prebuilt for x86 and x64 as a means for sparing people to track down all the dependencies.
I believe the makefile has been improved in current git so it might be a bit more user friendly there. Btw, git is getting ready for release so I would recommend using that instead of 2.2.1.

It seems you found the correct dir. I tried now to compile it with 2.2.1 and I had to remove the *.so files in the folder before it tried to compile.
You also need the development packages for gtkmm (libgtkmm2.4-dev for me) and all it's dependencies.

After this do: make lv2Gtk2Helper32.so

If you have a 64-bit raspberry you can do make without arguments.

Hope that helps,
Robert