Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Jack problems?
#11
Hm, still doesn't work. Tried fiddling around with the packet manager and got jackd2 to be removed without removing applications depending on it, then recompile and install from source (with the prefix to /usr, so it should have overridden the old installation). No change. This is so weird.

I have started a bit of investigations on my own (in the moment having a look at the code). I have found some small bugs, but I think I will post some questions on the developer mailing list.

lg,
Michael
Reply
#12
I finally managed to get it running again with compiling jack2 from git. It was not working previously before, because for some reason the new compiled and installed libraries were not loaded by jack (even after killing everything jack related). Though after a restart it does run now.

It's a pity that the newest jack2 has not been updated in the package repositories (KXStudio or Ubuntu Studio in my case), but I think, this would be the solution.

lg,
Michael
Reply
#13
I hope a fix on MusE's side gets to the repositories soon because jackd2 is linked to the way many applications are installed on the repositories. Every time you mess uninstalling jack, some audio applications get messed up.
I personally need jackd2 because I get no xruns using it, (maybe due to my 4 core processor, and the way jackd2 uses it).
Since all other jack applications are working with jackd2 MusE developers may be getting things done in a different way.
That being said a fix on MusE's side might be the best bet.

Anyway this is just my personal opinion.
I hope this information helps fixing the problem in some way.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for the hard work developing this great application MusE.



I am using MusE 2.2.1, Ubuntu 16.04, and Jackd2 all from the repositories.
Reply
#14
Another "me too" here....
As you can see in the KXStudio forum: https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php...831#p76831

But i am able to run muse -a. But no Jack in this case, so it does not help: i need Jack and JackTransport.
Any ideas?
Reply
#15
I have this problem too. It persists even with the newest Jack2 code from Git, having removed all Jack-related stuff (with the exception of qjackctl) from /usr/lib. (Can someone who was able to make it work give me the commit hash from the code that works?)

In my case, Muse starts, but when I try to open a track, the program crashes with the Panic! no _client! message and a segmentation fault showing up when starting it from the terminal.

As I see this problem seems not to have been posted as an issue at Github. Is there any reason for it? I've not much experience with bug trackers but could do that.

Thanks!
Reply
#16
(01-16-2017, 08:09 PM)x5000 Wrote: I have this problem too. It persists even with the newest Jack2 code from Git, having removed all Jack-related stuff (with the exception of qjackctl) from /usr/lib. (Can someone who was able to make it work give me the commit hash from the code that works?)

In my case, Muse starts, but when I try to open a track, the program crashes with the Panic! no _client! message and a segmentation fault  showing up when starting it from the terminal.

As I see this problem seems not to have been posted as an issue at Github. Is there any reason for it? I've not much experience with bug trackers but could do that.

Thanks!

I'm sorry but my muse time is very limited...
I'm surprised there is no ticket, please do add it.
Also the mailing list is a better functioning way to contact us.

Thanks
Reply
#17
(01-16-2017, 10:18 PM)spamatica Wrote: I'm sorry but my muse time is very limited...
I'm surprised there is no ticket, please do add it.
Also the mailing list is a better functioning way to contact us.

Thanks

Thank you for your answer. I have created a bug report:

https://github.com/muse-sequencer/muse/issues/554

I'll try to follow it, so I can give more information if needed.
Reply
#18
Update: At least my problem does not seem to be related directly to MusE. It seems to be a general JACK problem or bug, or even a configuration issue of my system, as it also occurs in qtractor and rosegarden.

If there is no interest in keeping the above mentioned Github issue open, I'll close it. Maybe it is better to open a new issue for your problems.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)