Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Drummap in instrument definition file (.idf)
Hi all,

I have created an .idf for a (very) old Casiotone MT-240 keyboard. (I also want to send this file to the MusE developers, but I'm not sure which is the right e-mail address.)

This keyboard does not know General Midi, so i have created a drummap part in the .idf.

I use MusE 2.2.1 (from kxstudio) with Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.

Unfortunately the drummap only sometimes works. Most of the time the default GM mappings are displayed in the drum editor. Sometimes it is empty.

For example I start MusE and change instrument 1 from GM to Casiotone MT-240. Then I create a drum track (old or new style drums), enter to the correct patch number and start the drum editor. The default GM drum mapping appears.

But if I import a MIDI file, then change instrument 1 from GM to Casiotone MT-240, then change an existing track from type midi to type drums (old style) and start the drum editor, then suddenly the correct Casiotone assignments are displayed. If I change the track to type "new style drums" then the default GM assignments are displayed again.

My workaround is to use a custom drum map (.map) file. But that should not be necessary, right?
Hi AndrewP,

you are definitely right, the drummap in the idf file has to serve a purpose, and you seem to have got it to work at some points.

I did some tests myself and wasn't able to get it to work, ever.
You are most welcome to submit your idf file, both for continued testing, and to add it to the library.
If you have the time it would be good if you created a bug with this info in our bug tracker also https://github.com/muse-sequencer/muse/issues.

thanks.
Hi spamatica,

thank you for you answer.

I have created an entry in the bug tracker. There are two idf-files attached, one for the Casiotone MT-240 and one for the Casiotone MT-540.