Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mute/Chang port/Ch/... all tracks
Hi,

Is there a function to select all (or some) tracks and to multiple changes? I import some midi files from time to time and when there are lot of imported files it starts to get cumbersome to click 3 choises for every track. Right now I have 57 drum tracks imported and I need to change all to muted, newdrumtrack and another port. I saved the session and made som awk and sed to solve the problem but it would be handy if muse had that.

The main reason is that I have a couple of thousand midi files bought from Toontrack and I intend to make templates for a lot of categories of drums.

/bengan
Tjena Bengan,

Not that there is anything wrong with sed/awk but I see your point.

No, there was no such functionality, but there is now Wink
I just pushed an implementation for this to the master branch.
Please do try to update to the newest and test it out. I can't promise that it's bug free yet... need some help to verify that.
If there are more than one track selected and you perform one of these operations all of them will be affected.
For solo and mute you can also hold the Control key and all tracks will be toggled.

Care to explain a bit on how you would use the templates? I've never tried but I'm curious how much help they are?

Regards,
Robert
Ah, I see I forgot the port.
If the current implementation does what you were after I'll try to fix the port in a bit also.

/Robert
(01-18-2015, 07:20 PM)spamatica Wrote: Tjena Bengan,

Tjena Smile

(01-18-2015, 07:20 PM)spamatica Wrote: Not that there is anything wrong with sed/awk but I see your point.

No, there was no such functionality, but there is now Wink

Oh my, that was fast. Must be the fastest response I ever had. The match between Czech Republic and Sweden in handball didn't even finish. Wink

Quote:I just pushed an implementation for this to the master branch.
Please do try to update to the newest and test it out. I can't promise that it's bug free yet... need some help to verify that.
If there are more than one track selected and you perform one of these operations all of them will be affected.
For solo and mute you can also hold the Control key and all tracks will be toggled.

I'll do that. Thanks again.

Quote:Care to explain a bit on how you would use the templates? I've never tried but I'm curious how much help they are?

I was looking for a way to organize all my midi drum files but couldn't find a way to do that so I thought that I make templates for every category that I use in my workflow. That way it's easy to whip up a groove and start jamming when I get an idea for a tune. The templates would consist of a bunch of patterns with one pattern per drum track. Then I start a new tune with that template. With all those patterns in the same session I can fiddle around and loop them and just unmute the one I want to here. There might be  better way but i couldn't find any. Suggestions are welcome Smile

For instance, here is a template that I used today to begin a soul  inspired song. Kind of same style as Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Carole King)

SWING in the signature 3/4 in 87 BPM

CHORUS/Variation_04.mid
CHORUS/Variation_03.mid
CHORUS/Variation_05.mid
CHORUS/Variation_02.mid
CHORUS/Variation_01.mid
BRIDGE/Variation_04.mid
BRIDGE/Variation_03.mid
BRIDGE/Variation_02.mid
BRIDGE/Variation_01.mid
INTRO/Variation_04.mid
INTRO/Variation_03.mid
INTRO/Variation_02.mid
INTRO/Variation_01.mid
PRE_CHORUS/Variation_02.mid
PRE_CHORUS/Variation_01.mid
VERSE/Variation_04.mid
VERSE/Variation_03.mid
VERSE/Variation_02.mid
VERSE/Variation_01.mid
FILLS/Variation_06.mid
FILLS/Variation_04.mid
FILLS/Variation_08.mid
FILLS/Variation_03.mid
FILLS/Variation_05.mid
FILLS/Variation_02.mid
FILLS/Variation_01.mid
FILLS/Variation_09.mid
FILLS/Variation_07.mid

Next obstacle is that the midi files from Toontrack doesn't all have their names inside the midi file. And when I import them to muse the name gets lost. I need to find a cli midi program that can write the name of the file inside the midi file. Probably not that hard to find. I'll probably do some awk/sed again Smile

regards,

/bengan
(01-18-2015, 07:20 PM)spamatica Wrote: Please do try to update to the newest and test it out. I can't promise that it's bug free yet... need some help to verify that.

It works perfectly. I compiled the latest from git. Had a bit of a problem compiling on my studio machine so I tried it on my laptop (opensuse). My studio machine is ubuntustudio since 1 month ago. Me and apt isn't buddys yet. I had opensuse and even gentoo before that.

/bengan
Thanks!

I've pushed support for changing all the ports also, just hold control or shift when clicking and all midi or drum tracks will be changed.

Made a special case for output ports for the toggle also, I don't think they should be included.
Possibly only the "type" of tracks you are clicking on should be affected, using it might reveal what is most relevant.

I wanted to change it so the toggle sets all tracks according to what the first track was, now each is toggled independently.
This was however not possible without changing the code a bit so I opted to keep this behaviour for the moment. Hopefully it's not much of a hassle.

Regards,
Robert